We help fast-moving safety managers and supervisors team up and engage frontline people by providing a potent safety system for work tasks that prevents workplace injuries.
Disengaged Employees Are Vulnerable
Recognize the warning signs
Injury risk multiplies when frontline people disengage from safety during their work. Warning signs include:
- Low Situation Awareness
- Short Cuts
- Ignoring Risk
- Human Errors
- Risk-Taking Accepted as Normal
The national labor shortage, absenteeism, and turnover are compounding injury risk for frontline people.
Think About Risk and Take Action
Situation Awareness is the basis of safety
Companies who engage their frontline people in safety experience 70% fewer incidents. So how do you engage frontline people in their safety?
Many companies turn to compliance for safety. Safety is not about following more rules.
Safety is about Good Judgment, or being in a situation and doing the right things to avoid risk.
Companies with excellent safety records use safety systems that engage people’s Situation Awareness. All safety depends on an individual’s ability to recognize danger and apply a safety margin when proceeding through a task.
Our safety system for work tasks focuses on engaging individuals to think about risk and take action to protect themselves.
Use a Safety System That Performs
Engage people while they work
Frontline people can reduce injury risk and improve situation awareness with a safety system for their work tasks. A Safety System is a group of processes that work together to control risk.
Our safety system helps safety managers and supervisors team up to make several transformations in safety:
- Standardizing safety for work tasks so every individual performs a work task the same way and with a proper safety margin.
- Qualifying the proficiency of each individual to apply proper safety margins to work tasks.
- Pre-Tasking the situation before a work task to turn on situation awareness and apply the safety margin.
- Assigning spotters to a floor walk routine and to monitor non-routine work tasks with severe injury and fatality risk.
- Scanning tasks as a main source of safety contacts to watch and verify safety margins in real time.
- Cross Checking critical tasks steps to verify controls are applied for the safety margin.
- Observing safe and at-risk behaviors, analyze data, and assign action plans to improve safety margins.
- Stopping Work or backing out from the task and recovering a proper safety margin when the situation becomes dangerous.
- Learning how to execute Escapes from tasks to neutralize harm.
These transformations can help your frontline people reduce vulnerability and increase situation awareness.
Toolkit and Training
Learn and apply a proven safety system in 90-days.
SafeTask® System helps safety managers and supervisors team up to engage frontline people in safety. It provides a potent safety system that you can learn and begin implementing in 90-days.
SafeTask® System innovates, influences, and improves safety margins for work tasks:
- Gives you a structured safety system of processes.
- Makes safety margins easy to understand and apply.
- Generates safety contacts to produce safety margins during work tasks.
- Measures safety margins with behaviors to prevent injuries.
Engaging frontline people in safety is proven to reduce incidents.
How Safety Managers Can Be Successful
Team up with supervisors and implement a safety system together
A common strategic error safety managers make that hurts their success is trying to do everything themselves.
Busy safety managers overseeing an entire occupational health & safety management system (OHSMS) should avoid getting stuck in the weeds doing safety for everyone.
That approach leads to frustration because it’s not sustainable. A safety manager cannot oversee the safety of every person 24/7.
A better strategy is to hold supervisors accountable for engaging their people in safety. The safety manager then becomes their support, providing resources and mentoring to supervisors for making this happen.
From there, you can teach supervisors a safety system that can engage frontline people in safety. Our safety system, online program, and group coaching better positions the safety manager and supervisors for success together.